The Department of Economics at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, the Urrutia Elejalde Fundation and the Research Chair Antoni Serra Ramoneda (UAB-Catalunya) jointly sponsor the Ninth International Meeting on Experimental and Behavioral Economics (IMEBE), organized by Jordi Brandts (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona & Institut d’Anàlisi Econòmica), Antonio Cabrales (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid) Enrique Fatás (University of East Anglia) and Nikos Georgantzís (Granada University & LEE-Universitat Jaume I).
The meeting intends to bring together researchers in behavioral and experimental economics, as well as in related areas of the social sciences. The program will consist of five invited and a number of contributed talks.
The five invited speakers are:
- Prof. Juan Camilo Cárdenas. Professor of Economics, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá
- Prof. Andreas Diekmann. Professor of Sociology, ETH, Zürich
- Prof. Carsten de Dreu. Professor of Psychology, University of Amsterdam
- Prof. Simon Gaechter. Professor of Psychology of Economic Decision Making, University of Nottingham
- Prof. Larry Samuelson. A. Douglas Melamed Professor of Economics, Yale University
Proposals for contributed papers should be sent, in the form of an extended abstract or a full paper, to the organizers through the registration form at IMEBE-website.
Both theoretical and empirical papers on the topics of experimental and behavioural economics are encouraged. Interdisciplinary papers involving economics and psychology or sociology are also welcome. The deadline for submitting papers is January 15th. Authors will receive notification of acceptance by January 31st.
The conference venue is the Hotel Meliá Galgos in Madrid.
There will be a moderate registration fee and additional information about the meeting will be posted on the IMEBE-webpage as it comes up.
- Deadline for submissions: January 15th, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: January 31st, 2013
- Deadline for registration: early registration (February 28th, 2013), late registration (April 1st, 2013)
- Conference dates: April 11-13rd, 2013